Web, session 9
- Certificate of Honors
- Discussion readings //
- SEO (Tariq)
- Social media integration (Yorlanda)
- Leading discussion means reading the assignments and doing a little more research on the topic, then preparing a 10 minute (or so) presentation to “teach” your classmates what you think that they need to know about this subject. Post a summary of your talk (or upload your PPT) to the student WordPress site before class. Category is Reading.
- LinkedIn Case Study
- Charleston Case Study (video)
- Lecture (PPT)
- Examples of student work (shared folder)
From Wednesday lab
- More plugins
- Limit Login Attempts (which one did you pick?)
- More themes
- Everyone install WP Theme “Freedom”
- Post project overview to the student WordPress site before class on Wednesday; category is Project.
Joe / Marcel / Tariq / Yorlanda
Personas only post : Joe / Marcel / Tariq / Yorlanda
- Site purpose // audience // content plan
- Theme selected (possible that it can change again!) and why
- Plugins used (and why)
- Everyone should have Akismet, Jetpack
- Everyone should have an SEO plugin, a backup plugin, a security plugin, a social plugin (can use Jetpack for these features – if so, say so)
- For Monday – your site should have a skeleton, pages framed and published with blurbs explaining what content is coming
- Explore the “customizer” on WP Theme “Freedom”
- Customize CSS on WP Theme “Freedom”
- Provide peer feedback on everyone’s project overview > student WordPress site
- Work on projects
Next session assignments
- Final lecture.
- Final quiz.
- Presentations/projects due.
- Post presentations to class WP site before 6 pm.
- Post final projects to class WP site before 11 pm.