Search Engine Strategy
Students will learn the fundamentals of search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO), and how those skills impact a larger digital framework. While a hands-on course, the curriculum is focused on the application of search skills to craft an integrated marketing strategy and executive vision.
Prerequisite: MKTG 102.
Fall 2016: Monday September 19 – Thursday December 8
Course hashtag: #BCSEO
After completing this class, students should be able to
- Implement a search engine marketing (SEM) plan, utilizing popular search engine marketing tools
- Create a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy
- Benchmark both organic and paid search efforts
- Optimize current campaigns based on results, evolving strategy to maximize budget and deliver results
- Integrate search into a larger digital marketing plan
- Why (and how) we search
- How search engines work
- SEO planning, audits, tools
- Competitors and keywords
- SEO, on page and off page
- Social media and SEO (teaching demo)
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- Measuring success
E. Enge and S. Spencer. The Art of SEO, Mastering Search Engine Optimization (3rd edition), O’Reilly. 2015.