IxD session 9
Prep for tonight
- Read Ch 19-20, Cooper (ch 18 is optional – it’s desktop applications)
Reading prompt: You’ve picked either web (desktop) or mobile for your initial prototype. Speak here to what you’ve learned about the “other” device. Post to class WP site before 5 pm on Wednesday.
- Desktop browser / mobile
- Internet trends (2015)
- Internet use data: 4 / 5 / 10 / 14
- Video: 24
- Online payments: 32
- Document signing: 35
- Mobile messaging: 48
- Content: 58 / 59 / 60 / 61 / 62 / 63 / 64
- Internet usage (youth): 68 / 69 /
- Re-imagining design: 177 / 182 / 183
- Health: 186
- Work on your projects at InVision
- iOS devices:: resolution / dimension for design
- iPhone 6 screens demystified
Next session assignments
- Session 10, W: Presentations/projects due. Presentation to class members is informal but should provide sufficient background for us to understand your audience and your goals. Talk about next steps, too.
Post to class WP site before 10 pm on Wednesday.
Project prototype notes
- Minimum screens/interactivity: home / about / contact / one complete task for one persona (however many screens that takes)
- For extra-credit opportunities, please see session 7. I need to know before the night is over if you are doing any extra credit.