Design Principles, Session 2
- Assignment review
- You must complete all assignments to get credit for the class.
- Everyone who submitted should have gotten an email from me; please check if you haven’t read it
- If your name is not on this list, I did not see an email from you with the required subject line.
- Small groups: Discussion mission and example of competitor website that has three features that your site must match/include
Websites (your designs and redesigns)
Websites (some competitor sites)
Prior class redesigns
- British Airways
- Dressage Extensions
- Gymnastics East
- Northlake Marina
- Northwest Contract Services
- Measuring the User Experience
- Pearls and Lace
- Seattle Acupuncture
- Finding your true mission in seven steps (Hint water)
- Information architecture versus information design (Designrfix.com)
- Inspirational missions statements (BrandVox – read the lead in)
- Complete week two skill check (Dropbox) by Thursday 1 February @ 6 pm. Email completed form to kathy-dot-gill @ bellevuecollege-dot-edu with the subject line: Design principles, week 2, FirstName LastName and name your document skill-check2-your-name
- Bring ideas about color and what needs to be on the home page
- Come prepared to give a 2-3 minute presentation on your project to a small group of classmates. This will take place in the second half of the class.
- Read the remainder of the book, The Elements of User Experience
Your week 3 assignment, due Wednesday February 7 @ noon, will be two deliverables:
- a skill check and
- a final design brief that incorporates the questions from all three skill checks.