HTML Level 1
This two day hands-on class is for students new to HTML. It begins with an introduction to web technologies and then provides a comprehensive overview of HTML.
Dropbox files // Timer
- Lynda.com – The Importance of HTML (3m 19s)
- Lynda.com – The Current State of HTML (5m 54s)
- Naked Science Scrapbook – How does the Internet work? (14 m)
- CodeAcademy – How the Internet Works for Developers (9m – not entire clip)
Books, Tools, Links
- Adaptive Web Design, 1st edition (read free)
- HTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide, 8th edition
- Chrome – cross-platform
- Not MS Internet Explorer
- Document outlines
- Drupal local government community
- Exercise files (download master zip file)
- HTML tags ordered alphabetically (W3C)
- Hex color
- Launching a government website in Drupal
- Links referenced in book
- What Is My IP Address?
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Create pages, titles, links
- Understand web design basics
- Mark up text
- Add graphics and links
- Understand the standards
- Deal with meta elements
- Brief introduction to HTML5 and CSS3
Anyone whose work involves communicating effectively via the web.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with Windows functions such as creating folders; launching programs; copying and pasting objects; formatting text; and retrieving and saving files. Experience using browsers and the Internet is assumed.