Building upon the tutorial in our exercise, visual design for your web page, develop your color palette.
- Identify the five pages you’re going to include in your site
- Create a blank page for each, with a human-readable file name, and upload them to your website at the root directory (not in the hcde532 folder)
- Begin gathering the content for each page (recognizing that we will build a contact form together)
2. Color palette
- Pick a color for the background, the header (text and background), text, and links.
- Write down their hex values!
- Using HTML and tables, in a new document, create a visual color palette with readable hex values. Call it color-palette.html and upload it into your client-files directory. The URL should be xxx.washington.edu/yourNetID/hcde532/color-palette.html
- This is an application of existing skills to create a from-scratch document.
- Create a CSS class (background-color) for each of the table cells. This can be an inline CSS statement if you like.
3. Visual design
- Make a copy of your demo-index-5.html page and name it index-5.html.
- Using the exercise page as a model, along with your work from last week, apply the colors to your index-4.html page.
- Direct your links to the four new pages you’ve created in step 1.
- Then upload this new file to your UW web server in the root directory.
NOTE: The assignment URL should be xxx.washington.edu/yourNetID/index-5.html